10 Facts About Employee Engagement
Think you know everything about employee’s engagement? Think again! Most employees feel as though they really know their employees… the majority don’t. Here are 10 current facts about employee engagement:
1. 70% of workers are not engaged at work.
2. 89% of employers think their people leave for more money when only 12% of employees actually do leave for more money.
3. 90% of leaders think an engagement strategy has an impact on business success but barely 25% of them have a strategy.
4. Only 40% of the workforce knew about their company’s values and goals.
5. 32% of employees who leave a job within 90 days do so because of company culture.
6. Employees who feel their voice is heard are 4.6 times more likely to feel empowered to perform their best work.
7. 96% of employees believe showing empathy is an important way to advance employee retention.
8. Disengaged employees cost U.S. companies up to $550 billion a year.
9. 89% of workers at companies that encourage their wellbeing are more likely to recommend their company as a good workplace.
10. 87% of employees expect their employer to support them in balancing work and personal commitment.
Dissatisfied employees will cost your company a lot of money and stress.
Employee engagement is not hard, it’s what the people want and most importantly is what they need.